Wig Wearing for Beginners
First time wearing a wig? It can be a bit tedious and difficult to wear one for the first time, but with a little bit of practice, you can do it without breaking a sweat. Here are some steps on how to wear your wig properly:
1. Straighten out your hair and make sure that it is neatly combed in place. If your hair is on the longer side, you can secure it with bobby pins or use a hair tie to make a low ponytail or braids. Take care of stray baby hairs with some hairspray.
2. Use a wig cap, either nylon or mesh one, to add more security to your hair.
3. If you’re using a lace type wig, adjust the inner straps as needed.
4. Align the hairline of your wig to your forehead and pull the wig from the front to the back. Adjust the hairline, bangs, or sideburns accordingly.
5. Check for any bumps of hair on the top of your head. If there are some, flatten the bumps evenly.
6. Style the wig however you please. You can even use some nontoxic glue to glue down the hairs on your face or hairspray, depending on the style you are going for.
Remember, wearing a lace front wig is slightly different. View our guide on how to put on a lace front wig.