PRIVACY AND DATA POLICY
ISSUED BY THE COSPLAY SITE
Last Updated: August 17 2020
1. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
These terms apply to the use of the website https://TheCosplaySite.com.
- What information we may collect about you;
- How we will use information we collect about you;
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else; and
- Your choices and rights regarding the personal information you have provided to us.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and process the following information which may include your personal data.
- your mobile device’s unique device ID (Device ID) and device name;
- your user preferences; and
- the make, model and operating system of your device;
- the mobile network operator linked to your device;
- the country, time zone and locale settings on your device (i.e. country and preferred language);
- network connection type and speed;
- IP Address;
- MAC address;
- the advertiser ID, which is an identifier unique to you if you use an Apple or Android device, but which doesn’t reveal your name.
Personal data we may collect includes the following:
- your Device ID;
- your user ID (which is generated by us and allocated to you when you first play our games);
- your device operating system & version;
- your device make and model;
- game play attempts, progression and results;
- session game time start, end and duration;
- the country of your Device;
- advertisements viewed and clicked; and
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through your browser settings. To find out more about cookies generally and how to manage or delete them, you can visit here
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
- Google Chrome (here)
- Microsoft Edge (here)
- Mozilla Firefox (here)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (here)
- Opera (here)
- Apple Safari (here)
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
4. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
5. DATA SHARING
Required by law: In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
6. DATA RETENTION
We do not use our website to knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years of age please contact us at [email protected].
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss misuse or alteration of your personal information. For example, our databases are password protected and limited to essential employees only.
Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
9. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS & CCPA
If you are a California resident, as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations, you have certain rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us at the details set out at the end of this Policy.
Please see above for:
- the date on which this Policy was last updated (at the top of this Policy)
- categories of personal information collected about you in the last 12 months (see paragraph 2)
- categories of sources from which the personal information was collected (see paragraph 2 and 3)
- purposes for collecting personal information (see paragraph 4)
- categories of third parties with whom we share personal information (see paragraph 5)
- categories of personal information we have disclosed within the last 12 months (see paragraphs 2 and 5)
- categories of personal information we have sold within the last 12 months (see paragraph 2c and 4f)
We have disclosed and sold personal information to third parties within the last 12 months to our third-party advertising networks (see paragraph 4f). We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. The authorized agent must submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf and proof of their own identity.
You have the right to:
- request access to your personal information;
- request deletion of your personal information;
- opt-out of the sale of your personal information;
- not be discriminated against for exercising any of your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
To make a verifiable consumer request of access or deletion, please contact us by email at [email protected].
10. CONTACT INFORMATION
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to [email protected]. We will endeavour to respond to any query or questions within three business days.